We are less than a week before the alleged beginning of the 41st edition of the Montreal World Film Festival on Thursday and there is still very little information available about it. Will it even take place?
According to an article in La Presse, it seems that it is still on course. And tonight, the list of the eighteen movies in the run for World Competition was released. There is only one Japanese movie in competition: Dear Etranger (?????????? / Osanago Warera ni umare) directed by Yukiko Mishima [ AsianWiki / IMDb / Vimeo / Youtube ].
My guess is that the festival will be even more chaotic than last year and scheduling information will trickle down day by day… But does it really matter as long as we can watch good international movies that we would probably not be able to see anywhere else?
Here is what they say about it in the news:
- FFM: le Cinéma Impérial bientôt saisi? (La Presse)
- L’Impérial et le FFM dans les limbes (Le Devoir)
- Hydro-Québec coupe l’alimentation électrique au Cinéma Impérial (La Presse)
- Imperial Cinema: How much can its heritage status protect it? (The Gazette)
- Losique won’t pull plug on Festival des films du monde (The Gazette)
- Péril en la demeure (La Presse)
- Montréal entend protéger le Cinéma Impérial (La Presse)
- Le Festival des films du monde reste à l’Impérial (Le Devoir)
- Un peu d’infos sur le 41e FFM (La Presse)
- Québec penché sur le sort de l’Impérial (Le Devoir)
- 18 films in World Competition (link)
- More on La Presse
- More on Le Devoir
- More on The Gazette
- More on the Huffington Post
[ Traduire ]