This year I have met my objective of reading twenty-five books (thanks to Goodreads Reading Challenge for keeping track). Unfortunately, of this number four were periodicals, I lost interest and stopped reading for four more and the rest (seventeen) was all mangas or comics! If I check my Goodreads stats, I’ve done better before. Therefore, one of my greatest wishes for 2018 will be to READ MORE! I’ll do my best and try to double down by pledging to read at least fifty books for 2018!
My best readings for 2017 were:
- Pline #1 (a great historical manga)
- Ghost in the shell (I read it a long time ago and it was great pleasure to read it again)
The other books I read and commented were:
- Pline #2-4 (comments to come soon for vol. #3-4)
- Valerian: Shingouzlooz Inc.
- L’Armure du Jakolass
- La forêt millénaire
- Astérix et la Transitalique
- Edu-manga: Anne Frank
- The life-changing manga of tidying up; a magical story
- Yoko Tsuno: Le Temple des immortels
- March: Book One
- Marie-Antoinette: La jeunesse d’une reine (comment to come)
I have many more books on my to-read pile (including some great novels) but I just have to find (or make) the time to read them! In the meantimes, I suggest to you the list of the Best Book Review Blogs of 2017 according to Reedsy and another list of book reviews blogs from WordPress. Hopefully, mine will figure in some of those lists one day (and maybe I could start receiving tons of review copies like in the good old days!). What about YOUR readings ?